About Me

My photo
I have recently gotten into baking more and trying more challenging recipes to bake. I have had a lot of successful recipes. I also love to craft and pick up on any new craft talent that sparks my interest. I love to be with my friends and family and if I am not doing that I usually am running or site seeing.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Magnetic Tic Tac Toe Game


I thought it would be fun to make my niece and nephew a magnetic version of tic tac toe that they can play while traveling in the car. I seen this cool vinyl rub-on that had a pre-made kit to make your own tic tac toe.


Materials Needed:

(1) 4 x 4 piece of metal

(1) 4 x 4 piece of decorative scrapbook paper

(1) tic tac toe rub on kit

(10) flat stones

(10) 3/4" round magnet

(10) 1 3/8" circles

E600 glue for the magnets

Special craft glue that dries clear for adhering the paper to the flat stones


Directions:

Take your 4 x 4 piece of metal and cut out your 4 x4 piece of scrapbook paper and cover with a strong glue.


Then adhere the background to the tic tac toe board.


Place the X's and the O's on all ten flat stones.


Glue the 1 3/8" circles to the bottom of the flat stones. Once dry, go ahead and adhere the 3/4" circle magnet to the bottom and let dry.


Once everything is done, place in a little baggy for the kids so they don't loose it. Best of all it is magnet and have fun.


1 comment:

Shanell said...

What a great idea! I am going to try and make this (try being the operative word here) for my kids before our next trip.